Monday, July 13, 2009

DAY FORTYFOUR, -FIVE AND -SIX - update

Beloved friend

You're welcome - as always. Today is day fortysix and I'm having a very good day. I had an outstanding run this morning to work. 7,5 k and the morning sunshine. It was very beautiful. Emotionally I'm very grateful today, and happy. My raw journey goes on...

Day fortyfour - saturday - was waterfasting day. It passed easily as well. I like waterfasting this day. One day is easy and it really helps to stay away from junk food treats (even raw ones). I might add juicing in after these 100 days.

I read this interesting article today; The Healthiest Foods On Earth by Jonny Bowden. Now I don't agree with all things in the article and above all I believe there are different stages of health. But YES, the core message is clear and I agree on that;

"The only thing these diets have in common is that they're all based on whole foods with minimum processing... Whole, real, unprocessed food is almost always healthy, regardless of how many grams of carbs, protein or fat it contains.
All these healthy diets have in common the fact that they are absent foods with bar codes. They are also extremely low in sugar. In fact, the number of modern or ancient societies known for health and longevity that have consumed a diet high in sugar would be ... let's see ... zero." (my emphasis added)

I still believe animal protein leads faster down the inevitable road to death than a whole-food plant based diet , yet if you consume meat in it's raw state from "free" animals (i.e. not keept indoors and not feed strange foods or chemicals) and eaten fresh you're a whole lot better of than eating the meat sold in your local food market.

Yet no matter how you look at it the averange american meal contains between 750 000 000 to 1 000 000 000 pleomorphic pathogenic microrganisms whilst the average vegan meal consisting only of plant foods contain less than 500 pleomorphic pathogenic microrganisms. So vegan, raw and low sugar is still preferred for a longer, healthier and more energized life.

In divine love and sound health
your servant
:P

No comments:

Post a Comment