Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DAYS TWENTYSIX AND TWENTYSEVEN - the power of feelings on your health

Hi dear friend,

I so happy to be alive, I'm feeling so vibrant and so grateful. I love. I'm loved.

These last two days have past by without anything special to report. I have been gratefully following my program and have had a bit less "sweets" and more greens. I feel great about it. I have been picking a lot of wild foods, like dandileon leafs, clover leafs and Common Plantain leafs. Had some on my kale salad today, and some more just an hour ago in a wild green smoothie. I feel very energised at the moment. I have made my "new" daily routine a habit I feel, mostly since I feel I need to do it to feel good. If I miss my morning yoga for some reason I always take some time at lunch to stretch.

I assume we can agree on the importance of food to gain better health, yet I belive there is a whole lot more to it. I belive health is built from four cornerstones.

1) Positive thinking/feelings
2) Diet
3) Excercise
4) Meaning/spirituality

I will go thru them all over the upcomming posts, starting with 1).


Positive thinking/feelings
This is the most important thing you can do to creat health in your live;
have an positive outlook on things!

First, you have to realise YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FEELINGS. I'll say it again, for it is that important:

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FEELINGS

You have the power to choose what you want to feel, and therefor you own you feelings. Noone but you can make you feel bad, glad or sad. To bad we wheren't born with a manual to our brain. Yet the answer is out there and within yourself.

Understand, and realise, you own your thoughts. You may have lend them to another authority yet know that you can reclaim them back at any time you choose. So in order to reclaim the power over your own thoughts you have to start doing some simple things, things that don't call for greatness of mind, physical strength or health. This is the key:

1) Control your focus.
What do you see, hear, speak, think about? This is step one. You have to redirect your focus. What can I focus on that will empower me? What gives me hope and joy? Who do I love?
2) Interpret what you focus on in a positive way.
How is this good? How can I use this? How does this make me grow?

It's that easy! For the brain can only focus on one thing at every single moment.

I was feeling really bad and depressed this winter. I felt my life was useless and without meaning. I didn't love myself. So I took action by doing these simple two things. I changed my focus and started to tell myself the good report of what I experienced. I started to tell myself "I love me", a clear change of focus from my former "I'm not enough". At first it felt a bit odd, now I know I'm not worth anything less.

So, how does a positive attitude affect your health, except from feeling great. For sure your body's health affect the emotions of your mind. Yet also do your thoughts and feelings affect the health of your entire body. Bottom line, your mental state is critical, and probably the most important thing for the health of your body.

Every function of the body creates metabolic acids, therefor an alkaline diet is crusial. Still your emotions - or mental state - if it's negative, can create more metabolic acids than acidic foods eaten. "In fact, you can create two or three times more metabolic acids from your thoughts or your mental and emotional state than from ingesting highly acidic dairy, animal protein, sugar or alcohol." (1)
How does it work then?
"When you have a thought or say a word, it requires electrical or electron energy for the brain cell(s) to produce those actions. And as you carrying on with that thought, you are burning or consuming energy. And when you are consuming energy in your thoughts, you are producing a biological waste product called acid and an energetic acidic waste product which can be measured in hertz and decibels. Next, if the metabolic acids from your thoughts are not properly eliminated... then the acids from your thoughts are moved out into your connective and fatty tissues­." (1)
What does this mean to your health?
"As the excess and overload of metabolic acid from your emotions are thrown out into the body tissues, this can easily lead to all sorts of symptomologies: lupus, fibromyalgia, arthritis, muscle pain, fatigue, tiredness, obesity, cancerous breasts, cancerous prostate, cancerous stomach and/or bowels, indigestion, acid reflux, heart burn, heart attacks, and the list goes on and on." (1)

The greatest problems can arises with our habitual feeling, if they are negative. Locate you habitual feelings by writing down all your feelings during a week, notice feelings that are constantly recurring, espessially negative ones. Why and when do they arise? How are these feelings usefull for you? What need do they help you fill? For example if you get angry a lot that might be a way for you to meet your needs for significance, connection and security. This is probably a strong feeling for you then. So ask; how can I meet these needs in a more empowering way? Can I do a positive empowering feeling and still accomplish the same feeling of significance, connection and security? Can I solve the problem that made me angry/sad/irritated in a positive way?

"Emotions are energy in motion. When you are (e)motional, you are energetic, either in a positive or negative way. And if you are energetic in your (e)motions, you are literally energy in (e)motion. You are now producing metabolic acids at a very high rate which is a waste product of such (e)motions that will make you sick, tired and depressed... On the other hand, positive (e)motions, such as love, peace, hope, faith, joy, forgiveness and charity can be alkalizing to the blood and tissues. These (e)motions require far less energy in motion and can cause you to be relaxed in your mind and stop the playing of an acidic movie in your head. Students of higher consciousness know that you can even enter into a state of bliss wherein you have no thoughts and wherein you are producing no metabolic acid." (1)

So relaxing your mind is aslo a good way to get into better health. Good and positive feelings are soothing to the mind. This is where you need to focus. What is good about this? Ask this question always. Anthony Robbins have five excellent and empowering questions for solving problems:

1) What is great about this problem?
2) What is not perfect yet?
3) What am I willing to do?
4) What am I willing to stop doing?
5) How can I enjoy the process?

Also practicing calming breathing is an outstanding way to relax your mind. I use my five fives twice daily;
breath in for 5 seconds, hold 5 seconds, breath out for 5 seconds and hold for 5 seconds, repeat 5 minutes.
The span of one breath is not that important, find a time that is soothing and comfortable. Feel how energy flows and love surrounds you. Focus on your breathing...


Today I'm grateful for having these miracle gifts in my life; I can
See
Hear
Smell
Feel
Taste
BREATH
LAUGH
LOVE

I love YOU, and me.

In divine love and sound health
your servant
:P




(1) Young Life - Young Energy - Young Love: E-mail from dr. Robert Young dated 19 June 2009

To learn more about the science of Dr. Robert go to:
www.articlesofhealth.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment